The results of the latest AHK Business Confidence Survey (BCS) shows, that hiring qualified employees is still considered as one of the top challenges among German companies in China.
An inefficient hiring process going along with questionable individual judgements often ends up in the hiring of a not qualified or unsuitable employee. This will most likely increase your staff turnover, will cause in higher personnel cost and might also have a negative impact on the organizational performance. Therefore it is important to be aware of the typical mistakes being made during the hiring process and how to avoid them.
This HR workshop was designed to introduce effective and up-to-date recruiting tools and analyze the most cruitial parts of the hiring process from a professional HR, legal and a headhunting perspective. The German Chamber of Commerce in North China invited speakers from all of these professions to share experiences of realrecruitment cases and give insights into various current recruitment challenges and useful approaches.
The event was hosted at January 17, 2019 from 1:45 PM - 5 PM at the Le Meridien Hotel Shenyang.
During the workshop, our speakers discussed the following questions:
- How to specify the hiring objective or how to develop a candidate profile?
- How to select, identify and win candidates for your company?
- How to "sell" the offered position and your company to the candidates?
- How to find alternate sourcing channels for qualified candidates?
- How to correctly assess a candidates' qualifications and experiences?
- How to identify a candidates' strengths?
- How to realize that a candidate might not tell the (whole) truth?
- How to verify candidates' backgrounds?
Mr. Hsiao J. Chiu, Managing Partner of JP International Search Consultants Shanghai
Ms. Ying He, HR Manager, Dr. Schneider Automotive Parts (Liaoyang) Co., Ltd.
13:45-14:30 Session 1: Effective Hiring - Sourcing & Selecting the right candidates (Hsiao Chiu)
14:30-15:00 Session 2: Personal Assessments (Ying He)
15:00-15:30 Coffee break & Networking
15:30-16:00 Session 3a: Background Checks - HR Perspective (Hsaio Chiu)
16:00-16:30 Session 3b: Background Checks - Legal Perspective (Daniel Albrecht)
16:30-17:00 Discussion / Q&A